Sunday, July 14, 2013

HOT HOT HOT with Great Shopping! (July 1st)


It's been above 95 here, but I'm never sure of the exact temperature. We have air conditioning in the main room so we move our beds in there each night and sleep on the floor. So the heat isn't a problem.
 


Usually the person being baptized chooses who they want to baptize them. This time a member in the ward baptized our investigator because they are good friends. O yeah a bunch of people in my ward want me to have cool-aid sent from the U.S. fruit punch flavored. 
(his mom is rolling his eyes right now as we just sent him a case of Gatorade powder-now he’s taking orders??!! We’ll get right on that!!)

Wow that's cool about Lauren(Hatfield) and Taggart (Krueger). Is Lauren's boyfriend going to BYU?

I'm not sure why the rooms are decorated like that. I think the church just buys apartments and doesn't worry about changing the style or anything.

Last Monday night President called Elder Vosters and said that he was going to leave this week to serve in Alicante. It's a weird transfer because Alicante is in our zone, and he'll only be serving there until the end of the transfer (3 weeks) and then going somewhere else. An Elder in Alicante had to go to another zone so Elder Vosters was needed in Alicante. He left Thursday and it was a little sad, but he's only an hour away and we have a zone conference this Thursday so I'll see him again. And then the girl that we're baptizing this Saturday said she wanted Elder Vosters to baptize her so he's coming back for her baptism too. 

Malaga was really fun. We took a really nice bus and I got to see a bunch of friends from the MTC that are serving in other zones. We got into Malaga around 5 at night and we hung out at the Mission home and ate for a bit. And then President talked to us and we had a discussion about getting members involved in the mission work. Then the next morning we got to watch the recent missionary work broadcast (it was nice because we could watch in english). It was really good, I think everyone in the Church should have to watch it.

Then we went and got our ID cards, so I'm officially a resident of Spain which is cool. Then we went to go catch our train back to Alicante, which we missed, so we had to wait 2 hours and take one to Madrid, and then from Madrid to Alicante. This was cool for two reasons:
#1 was that the train station is in a mall, so we had two hours to shop during rebajas, which is the time of the year where everything is ridiculously discounted. so I bought a couple pairs of linen pants from H&M which I love.
#2 was that when we took the train to Madrid, we were technically out of our mission boundaries, which was also really cool.

But then we got to Alicante and I had to say goodbye to Elder Vosters. We took a picture I'll put it in the dropbox. 

Our investigators are going well. One of them is getting baptized Saturday which is really cool. Before sacrament meeting I asked a member of the presidency to announce the details of her baptism, and when he announced it during the meeting he called her Lisa 3 times, and finally her inactive mother had to yell "NISSA", and then a mini argument ensued about what her name was. It was a pretty embarassing thing for a 17 year old girl to have to sit through. And then after church I was talking to her and another member of the presidency came up to me and asked me who Nissa was, and I had to tell him that it was the girl standing right next to him...in a branch of 60 people you'd think the presidency would know who our investigators are, right??


I'm not that bitter though. We are meeting with our branch president this week to talk about the mission work so I'm thinking he wants to get things organized.

1 comment:

  1. "We took a really nice bus"- those were the comments I would say to my companions in Malaga. I loved the buses there. I just thought it was fun to see that others out there think the same way as I do.

    ReplyDelete