Monday, October 14, 2013

I miss Reeses (October 7, 2013)

Doesn't this look like the Port of Seattle? Cruise Ship and all... (Cadiz)
Let´s see we saw all the sessions except for Sunday afternoon. They showed Saturday afternoon in the chapel between Priesthood and the Sunday morning session which we watched last night. It just wasn´t required so a lot of the members left to go home for a bit. But of course we watched it. I missed a lot of Saturday afternoon though because we had to find a way for one of our investigators to get to conference. I don´t remember seeing anyone with the last name hamilton...was it the sunday afternoon session? I really liked Uchtdorf´s in Priesthood as well. He quoted the Great Gatsby "and we float on, like boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past". Also I really like Ulisses Soares about meekness, but it was hard to follow his talk so I´m gonna have to read it again. Bednar´s talk on tithing was incredible. President Monson´s talk Sunday morning was really good too. There was so much content in it I need to reread it. 

I took some good notes but I don´t have my notebook with me. One thing I remembered I wrote down was "do we keep the commandments because it´s a law, or do we keep them because we want the blessings?"

I miss reece´s

That´s terrible about Maddie [broken arm]. She must not be keeping the commandments. (lol)

I just have Pday with the missionaries here in Chiclana...elder nunez, hall, and gutierrez.

I added some pics from conference. the one at night that i´m not in (because i took it) is with the other elders in chiclana, as well as jacqueline, (the redhead tall girl) who´s a member in our ward and her little sister. i told maddie about J.... her mom is not active and was the only member in the family. one day a couple years ago jacqueline realized she wanted to change her life and she remembered that her mom was a mormon so she just went by herself to church one sunday and then got baptized. no one else in her family is member or really supports her. i invited her to invite her sister to come play soccer with us saturday morning, and she came and then said she wanted to come to conference too so we took her and her sister to conference with us. i´d like to baptize the whole family but i wont get greedy...



also there´s a photo of me and our investigator S... whos getting baptized saturday. shes in the white, and then the two peruvian women are members, and then the other woman is a member as well. FUN FUN!!!!

transfers are next week. i hope elder n leaves because i want to train. there are a bunch of people that can get baptized here and i feel like i can do it... i know thats not very humble but really, i´m ready. 

love ya muchoooooooooooooooo


hope conference was great and spiritual!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment