Monday, November 25, 2013

"...We all thought thanksgiving was last thursday" but..."I've lost 20 lbs" (November 25, 2013)

Nope I didn´t get transferred. I´m staying here which I´m excited about. No I´m still solid on the stickers. I want music. some good Christmas music preferably. and also if you have any good church movies we can watch we´re always looking. i´ve fallen in love with vocal point so if i can get some of them that’d be great.

Calvin demoing the Sling to nail Goliath (S/O to Abbey Read for the sling)
We brought some recently returned missionaries with us to lessons this week and it helped a lot. We had the member explain authority to our investigator because we really couldn´t explain it clearly enough. She says she knows what she has to do and wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true.

We had a lesson with our 16 year old investigator and she had a friend over and he´s an atheist. It was really hard to teach because we had a lesson planned, but at the same time we were trying to convince this kid that there is a God. It was a really scattered lesson but it ended pretty well. 

Wednesday we had interviews with President Deere who came down to see us. It was really short and we didn´t talk about much but it was still good to see him.

We thought this last Thursday was thanksgiving but it turns out it wasnt...I woke up pretty sick. It’s like 10 degrees in our piso all the time its terrible. I´m feeling better now though.

We brought a member to a lesson and they became like BFF´s and were gonna go to church together so we were excited about that (but it didnt happen).

It´s really sad we found out like the strongest family in the ward has to move to Germany to look for work. The dad is going to leave for Germany in January, and then everyone else is going to come once school ends in June I think. It´ll be really tough because none of them speak any german. And is like a very accomplished construction manager. There´s just no work here.

The Goliath target
Friday we missionaries were in charge of the youth activity. Elder Buckway and I planned the lesson and we talked about David and Goliath. I brought the sling that Abby Read brought me from Jerusalem and we made a fake Goliath and everyone got a turn trying to hit him with the sling. It was really fun and a good lesson. Then we played broom hockey which was fun but our broom broke :((

After the activity we went to meet Jose Luis, our investigator that has a baptismal date for December 14th, and his girlfriend told us that they arent going to be able to get married for two more months probably. She´s a member but they need to get married before he can get baptized. So that was depressing. 

Saturday we had an Elder´s Quorum activity. We made pancakes and watched Ephraim´s Rescue which is a church movie about the pioneers. It was amazing!!! you should all watch it asap!!! so good!!!

Broom Hockey in the Multi/Chapel after slaying Goliath
Then saturday night we met with Angy, the 16 year old girl who has a baptismal date for December 7th. And she told us that she wasn´t ready for baptism, so we have to drop her fecha. So that was depressing as well. We lost both of our baptismal dates in less than 24 hours!!!! yayy!!!!! o well. we´ll keep working. We have investigator that we just need to meet with more and she´ll be baptsized

no more time love you love you!!!

[to Dad] Well we all thought thanksgiving was last thursday, but we still didn´t do anything for it. We´re going to eat at a members house Thursday afternoon so I guess that´s the celebration. And no we can´t go play any football. Nope I´m not getting transferred. I should be here until the first week of January.

Sister Richardson sent me a letter saying that you went over there telling her family they had to invite over another family to teach them about the Church. 

Guess what? I´ve lost 20 pounds...I weigh like 155. I can´t believe it. It´s pretty much all in my waist I think. I don´t feel any smaller. And it´s only since I´ve been in Chiclana. It´s weird. I don´t understand. I´m trying to eat a lot. But it´s hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment