Monday, April 21, 2014

"New Comp this week..." (March 31, 2014)

Electric Scooters on P-Day
I wish I could accurately explain how big of a miracle we've seen here in Torremolinos! The daughter of a non-member father and inactive mother has stopped smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee since the day we taught her the Word of Wisdom will be getting baptized in couple of weeks. Her father (who [didn't really like] Mormons before we came) has a baptismal date for the same day, her mother and grandmother are reactivating themselves, and a long-time friend of the family who has been inactive for decades came to church yesterday because she couldn't believe that this was all happening. And to top it all off the extended family have strengthened themselves an unbelievable amount. 
 
I wrote that to someone else but copied it to you. "I..." is going super well. She´s not smoking or drinking coffee, and although it´s a struggle she knows it´s for the best. 

Elder England is leaving for Torrevieja
Other than that it was a really slow week. All of the blessings of missionary work are going towards "I...", and so everything else has been terrible. All of our other investigators have been flaking out on us, and we´ve had a hard time finding new ones. It´s ok, new companion this week and we´ll start fresh. His name is Elder Marchant or something like that. He has 4-6 months in the field. He´s been in Sevilla. I´ve heard he´s nice. I saw him once at a meeting and he sings REALLY good. He made an impression on me with his voice. Elder England is going to Torrevieja which is in the East. I went there once to visit someone in the hospital when I was in Crevillente. Also this woman I taught twice a week for my whole time in Crevillente ("C.....", dominican) finally quit smoking and got baptized last week. That was super cool to here. 

with Elder Vosters (on his way home)
Thursday we had a meeting with President and three zones were there. Elder Vosters was there so it was fun to see him before he goes home in a couple days.

That was really it. At church Yesterday a [less-active] sister came to see the family that are investigating and she hadn't been in a church for years, but i talked to her for a bit and she said that they sang her favorite hymn in sacrament and she started crying a ton. She said she was actually [formally out of the church] but I don´t know why. She said she has no problems with the church. Now she just has probs with herself because when you have a lot of knowledge God expects a lot from you, and she has a lot of knowledge but didn't live up to the expectations. But she asked for a blessing of health and asked me to do the anointing and the stake president to do the blessing. It was cool because the stake prez had absolutely no idea who she was, or that she was a member that [been out of the church], nothing. yet, in the blessing he basically told her everything that I would have said, knowing her past and her problems. It was really cool. Then after we got to set apart the new Elders Quorum President, who´s a really cool 24 year old guy who just got married and has a baby. He served his mission in Italy.

Then last night we went and watched The Prophet of the Restoration with "I..." and the kids. The kids were wild but it still went well. "I..." really liked the movie. O yeah and at the lesson on Thursday "I..." prayed out loud in front of us, finally. It was a really good prayer too. I was very happy.

That´s it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as favorite scriptures, I share Alma 7:11-12 a ridiculous amount. Also Mosiah 2:41.

No comments:

Post a Comment