Monday, October 13, 2014

I love kebab! (June 9 & 23, 2014)

Someone from Elche went down to Malaga today so I should get the package from them in a couple of days. We did just talk a few days ago so there aren´t a lot of new things. We went by one girl who has a baptismal date on Saturday and we introduced the Book of Mormon. We had given her a copy of the Restoration video and The Testaments. She had watched both. She said her favorite part of the Restoration video was when Joseph Smith´s dad got baptized. That was weird because it´s not an important or cool part at all. That just means she wants to get baptized. She also cried during The Testaments. We gave her a Book of Mormon and talked about it a bit. We asked her again that if she came to know that the Book of Mormon was true if she would be baptized on the 28th, and she said she already knew it was true. She came to church wearing a "Parental Advisory, explicit content" shirt, but she didn´t know what it meant. She brought a friend and they both loved it and are coming next week again and will be baptized this month.



Also, two other investigators came to church with us and loved it. It is a mother and her 12 year old son. We asked if he prayed to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet and he said he did and he felt a "burning in his chest" and then said that when he felt that he knew he was going to be baptized.

That was really it. We had a really good week. We´re excited for next week. Today we are going to play paddle which is like a lazy spanish version of tennis.

Yeah we are no introducing the Book of Mormon at the second lesson. It´s working really well.

We usually cook ourselves. I love kebab but I try not to eat it too much. I make rice a lot and cook some chicken too. We eat with members a couple of times a week usually. Yes I´ve had paella a lot...I like it very much.  YEAHHHHHHHH

LOVE YA

Calvin

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I hope you had a good one. This week started off pretty rough but ended well. Monday we went and played paddle which was really fun. Elder Sharp and I are going to start a paddle tennis court in provo when we get home. 
 
Our investigators are doing well. One of our investigators, Andrea is now getting baptized on the 22nd so this next sunday. She´s awesome. She has a friend that is an atheist and is telling her we are only being nice to her because we want to baptize her. But we talked to her last night and she is still getting ready for the 22nd. Her mother came to church yesterday too and liked it a lot. The Bishop got up to speak last and I was excited because I figured he would say something spiritual and be entertaining. But he got up and pretty much yelled at everyone for being late to meetings and not fulfilling their callings. It was pretty awkward and we apologized to our investigators for it. But I think Axxxxx’s mom is going to be baptized soon. She made a lot of friends at church and kept reciting the 5 steps to the Gospel of Jesus Christ to me. (Faith, Repentance,  Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Endure to the end) which was weird but I guess it´s good that she´s excited about that stuff. 

Yeah Friday we went to English class to give the Hermanas a blessing and all the youth from the stake were there watching the soccer game. We were there for the first half but Mxxxx and Dxxxx from Crevillente were there and I was talking to them the whole time and didn´t see any of the game. I saw that Spain was up 1-0 and then Sharp and I left and went to bed. I figured Spain would have won, but the next morning we found out they had gotten smoked 5-1. The other Elders in Elche have both lived in Holland so they were rooting for them and were really excited. It seems like a lot of people are blaming the goalie but I don´t really know anything about the game. I didn´t realize how dead the place would be during the world cup. Pretty much everyone sits at bars and cafes and watches the games. The streets are pretty dead. A lot of Colombians here in Elche so are all excited right now.

We are hoping to have 3 baptisms in the next couple of weeks. 2 are pretty much for sure, and we have 2 others that could be baptized. 

Yeah I got the package. Thanks a lot! Spanish deodorant is horrible. And the madeleines are delish. I gave them to the Hermanas.

Love ya,


Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment