Monday, March 10, 2014

"My birthday is in one month exaaaactly" (February 3, 2014)

Wow I can´t believe it was like that. [Superbowl] All the missionaries thought the broncos would win, but of course no one really had any knowledge. I never got the package. But I´ll try and take a picture with the flag when I get it. 

Yeah the DVD´s are all really good. We have a german investigator who wants to know the story about the helmuth huebner guy. If you could find some type of history of the church book. I have our heritage or something like that. But I´d like something a little meatier. 

For P-days we havent done a ton yet. Last week we walked through central Malaga but its mostly just stores and stuff. We were going to go caving/spelunking with our german investigator but he got the flu and cancelled on us. He said in a few weeks. I only see like half of malaga. close to wear our chapel is. I want to go see the other half sometime though. 

O yeah, so there is this sister missionary here named Hermana Wilcox, and she goes home in a couple weeks, but I just found out that she is the daughter of Brad Wilcox! Maybe he´ll come and pick her up and I´ll see him. I have a talk by him on my pin drive called his grace is sufficient. It´s good. 

I read a talk by Ivan J. Barrett called Joseph Smith: The Chosen of God and the Friend of Man. And it is super good. I read it like 3 times. Has a lot of good/funny stories about Joseph Smith and his personality. So all week I kept thinking about what Joseph Smith would do in certain situations in the mission field. Then I started feeling like a terrible missionary and person so I stopped. 

We have a new investigator named C..... from Colombia. We were really pumped about him at first, but we had another lesson and realized he´s almost crazy. He´s been trying to get back to Colombia for years but has no money or work. He ´s getting tempted to rob or sell drugs to make the money quick. He told us about his anger problems. Super nice but he´s literally right on the edge of just going entirely crazy...later that night we knocked the door of two Pakistan guys. They were muslim but let us in and we started talking to them. It was weird. They asked us very contentiously why we came to this door, and if we knew they lived there. We said no, we were just knocking the whole building. Then one of them told us that he had been getting the discussions in Barcelona a few months before, and had gone to church as well. They were nice, we talked about the Book of Mormon, and they asked for the address of our chapel and said maybe they´d go some time. It was weird.

C.... and L....´s mom was there at the lesson with them and L wasn´t behaving himself so she said "maybe you aren´t ready to be baptized and I´ll just have to get baptized instead of you". She was mostly joking but then L told her she was too old and she said it was never too late to get baptized. We haven´t really been able to really ask her anything more because the lessons with her kids are so crazy, but she works in the train station in Málaga and we go there like 4 times a week so we´ll stop by and try and teach her. It´d be amazing if she got baptized too. We offered her her own Book of Momon last night and she accepted it, and seemed grateful. I think that´s a good sign. We´ll see.

Overrall we had a good week. We´re really excited for this next week. Things are going well. I´m content.


My birthday is in one month exaaaactly.

love you!!!


Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment