Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Luckily, Elder Buckway got sick Friday morning...."(December 30, 2013)

Yeah I had to pay 25 euros to get my package because it got stopped at customs. But thanks for everything! Luckily Elder Buckway got sick Friday morning [lol], so we were home when the mailman came. Otherwise I still might not have it! I´m uploading a bunch of pictures in the dropbox. We went to Novo sancti petri last monday with an inactive member and took some pictures of the beach and a giant statue of hercules. Then today we went to Cadiz and took some pictures.
 
The week was pretty boring after Christmas. A lot of people were busy so we couldn´t meet with many. We went by S.... who is our recent convert/inactive member that is going to an evangelist church, and her evangelist pastor was there. We talked with him for a while. ... He really has no knowledge of our church which makes me mad because he was the one telling her a bunch of lies about us....but I asked him if there were a bunch of branches to the evangelist church (like churches that differ a little) and the word for branch in spanish is "ramma", but i accidentally said "ramera" which means "harlot". I realized it right away. He corrected me and laughed. He´s a nice guy. I just wish he´d stay away from our recent convert. 
Yesterday after Church we went to this family we found last week. They are so amazing. We couldn´t even have a real lesson with them because they kept asking questions randomly but the questions were really good and they loved the answers. And Jose said, you know, the more I talk to you guys the more I want to be a part of your church. They are catholic, but don´t practice ...They said they really want to come to church with us next week. We haven´t been able to get to talk about baptism, but i feel like when we do bring it up they´ll be very willing and ready. They asked for our facebooks and email address and everything. They are awesome. 3 kids. One is 8 (yes!) and the two others are 4 and 5. 

Today we went to Cadiz and San Lucar and had a BBQ with some members and missionaries in the zone. it was pretty fun, except we spent almost half the p-day traveling to San Lucar. O well.

Tomorrow is new years eve, so we work until 7, then I think we are going to San Fernando to spend the night with the elder´s there, because we have to catch a train to sevilla EARLY wednesday morning for a zone conference. I´m super pumped!

Love you all and it was really great talking to you. I´m sure the next 5 months will fly by and we´´ll see each other soon!


happy new years!

No comments:

Post a Comment